The deadline for linking UAN with Aadhaar for North-East establishments and certain categories of establishments has been extended till December 31, 2021, which is a huge relief for Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) subscribers. The EPFO announced the news on Twitter. The deadline for integrating the UAN to Aadhaar was previously set for September 1.
When an employer provides a UAN number, all of the account holder’s PF accounts are consolidated in one place, along with the employee’s bank information. This takes a look at and processes more information at the same time.
The UAN can be linked to Aadhaar in four different ways. The first is through the EPFO’s member service portal, the second is through the UMANG app, the third is through EPFO’s e-KYC portal’s OTP verification, and the fourth is through EPFO’s e-KYC portal’s biometric credentials.
Here’s how to do it step by step:
- Visit https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/ to access the EPFO Member e-SEWA portal.
- Enter the UAN number and password to log in.
- Search for the ‘Manage’ tab and select KYC, that to be taken to a new page.
- Click ‘Add KYC,’ then enter the Aadhaar and PAN number.
- In the Pending KYC tab, the account holder’s information can be seen.
- EPFO will then accept the link, and the Aadhaar information will appear in the Approved KYC tab, indicating that the Aadhaar has been linked to EPF.