According to Prime Minister’s announcement of extension till 3rd May, the Ministry of Home Affairs issued guidelines on 15 April, 2020 to be adopted during the period of lockdown to curb the transmission of COVID-19 pandemic.
In these revised guidelines, the Ministry has also listed some activities which could be permitted by the respective States and Union territories after April 20, on the basis of ground level situation.
The list of following activities that will be prohibited till 3 May:
- All domestic and international air travel of passengers
- All passenger movement by trains, except for security purposes.
- Buses for public transport
- Metro rail services
- Inter-district and inter-state movement of individuals except for medical reasons or for activities permitted under the guidelines
- All education, training, coaching institutions etc shall remain closed.
- All industrial and commercial activities other than those specifically permitted under the guidelines.
- Hospitality services other than those specifically permitted under the guidelines
- Taxis and services of cab aggregators
- All cinema halls, malls, shopping complexes, gymnasiums, sports complexes, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places
- All social/political/sports/entertainment/academic/cultural/religious/functions/other gatherings
- All religious places/places of worship shall remain closed. Religious congregations are strictly prohibited.
- In case of funerals, congregation of more than twenty persons will not be permitted.
Hotspots and Containment zones
The States/UTs have been directed to demarcate hotspots and containment zones as per guidelines issued by the Ministry of health and family Welfare.
Activities permitted after April 20
In order to mitigate the hardship of public, selected activities have been permitted from April 20, on condition of strict compliance of existing guidelines:
- All health services (including AYUSH)
- All agricultural and related activities, including fisheries
- Operations of homes for children, disabled, senior citizens, mentally challenged, observation homes, anganwadis etc.
- Disbursement of social security pensions, PF services by EPFO.
- MNREGA Works
- Public utilities such as Oil and gas sector, postal services, power sector, water sanitation, telecommunication and internet etc
- Movement, loading/unloading f cargo. All goods traffic will be allowed to ply.
- Shops for trucks and dhabas in highways with stipulated minimum distances
- Movement of all trucks and other goods/carriers vehicles with two drivers and one helpers allowed. Empty truck/vehicle will be allowed to return after delivery of goods or for pick up.
- Operation of land ports for essential goods and supplies
- Financial sector, banks, ATMs, digital payment systems, SEBI, IRDA and insurance related activities
- Supply of essential goods
- Shops and carts dealing with food and groceries for daily use, hygiene items, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk products, poultry, milk and fish, animal feed and fodder
- Commercial and private establishments as listed, including e-commerce, courier services, private security services, IT and IT enabled services with 50% strength, data and call centres for government activities, print and electronic media including broadcasting, DTH and cable services
- Services by self-employed person such as electricians, IT repairs, plumbers, motor mechanic and carpenters
- Industry establishments as listed
- Construction activities as listed
- Offices of government, government autonomous bodies, local bodies
Movement of persons in private vehicles can be allowed for emergency services, including medical and veterinary care and for procuring essential commodities. One person besides the private vehicle driver can be allowed in the backseat in case of four wheeler. In case of two wheeler. only the driver is to be permitted.
The MHA has also listed additional directives for public places and office spaces. Wearing of face masks has been made compulsory. Social distancing norms are to be strictly followed. Standard operating procedure has been prescribed for Offices and factories.