Supreme Court puts a stay on implementation of Farm Laws till further order
- The order was pronounced by a three judge bench of Chief Justice of India in which the Court stayed the implementation of three controversial Farm Laws against which farmers especially from North India States of Punjab and Haryana have been protesting at Delhi borders since November 2020. The Court also ordered the formation of a four-member committee to hear all the parties and stakeholders and submit a report to the Court about the same.
- The three laws in controversy are the Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement of Price Assurance and Farm Services Act 2020, Farmers Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Act, and Amendment to Essential Commodities Act have stayed until further orders.
- To read full notification, click on..\Downloads\supreme-court-387289.pdf
One-sided or Unreasonable Clause in Apartment Buyer’s Agreement will now Constitute an ‘Unfair Trade Practice’
- The Supreme Court in a recent judgment held that the incorporation of one-sided and Unreasonable clauses in the Apartment Buyer’s Agreement constitutes an unfair trade practice under Section 2(1) (r) of the Consumer Protection Act 2019.
- It was observed that the Developer cannot compel the apartment buyer to be bound by one-sided contractual terms contained in the Apartment Buyer’s Agreement.
- To read full Judgment, click on ..\Downloads\pdf_upload-387247.pdf
For any query/registration/advisory related to GST, Company, Taxation laws and Updates, Kindly visit www.onfiling.com
Contact: +91 8448440803
Please follow and like us: