On Behalf of Government Of India, RBI fixed the Issue Price of Sovereign Gold Bond
Subscriptions for the twelfth tranche of the Sovereign Gold Bond 2020-21 will open on Monday and run until March 5th. The Sovereign Gold Bonds, which were first issued in 2015, are government securities denominated in gold grams. It is commonly marketed as a superior alternative to physically holding gold. The Reserve Bank of India issues gold bonds on behalf of the Indian government. The issue price has been fixed at ₹4,662 per gram.
Government Extends Last Date For Annual GST Filing Till March-end For FY 20
With the approval of the GST Council, the government has decided to further extend the date for furnishing GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C for the financial year 2019-20 to 31.03.2021, in light of the difficulties expressed by taxpayers in meeting this time limit,” as announced by the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
CBDT Extends Various Limitation Dates in Exercise of The Powers Conferred by Sub-Section (1) Of Section 3 Of The Taxation And Other Laws (Relaxation And Amendment Of Certain Provisions) Act, 2020
- For imposition of penalty under Chapter XXI of the Income-tax Act:
- The period during which the time limit specified in, prescribed or notified under the Income-tax Act applies for the completion of such action will end on June 29, 2021; and
- The deadline for completing such action will be extended until the 30th day of June, 2021.
- For assessment or reassessment under the Income-tax Act, and the time limit for completion of such action under section 153 or section 153B thereof, —
- expires on the 31st day of March, 2021 due to its extension by the said notification, such time limit shall stand extended to the 30th day of April, 2021;
- is not covered under (i) and expires on 31st day of March, 2021, such time limit shall stand extended to the 30th day of September, 2021;
- Where the specified Act is the Prohibition of Benami Property Transaction Act, 1988:
- the 30th day of June, 2021 shall be the end date of the period during which the time limit specified in or prescribed or notified under the Benami Act falls, for the completion of such action; and
- the 30th day of September, 2021 shall be the end date to which the time limit for completion of such action shall stand extended.