COVID-19 RELIEF SCHEME FOR INSURED PERSONS IS NOTIFIED BY ESIC
The Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESI) announced the Covid-19 Relief Scheme as a welfare measure for ESI-insured persons and their dependents in the event of death due to COVID-19. The following are the eligibility requirements for the scheme:
- The insured person who died as a result of COVID-19 disease must have enrolled on the ESIC online portal at least three months before the date of diagnosis of COVID-19 disease.
- The deceased insured person must have been employed at the time of diagnosis of COVID-19 disease, and contributions for at least 70 days must have been paid or payable in his or her name during the one-year period immediately preceding the diagnosis of COVID-19 disease that resulted in death.
- In addition, if the insured dies as a result of COVID-19, the husband, son under the age of 25, unmarried daughter, and widowed mother of the insured are also eligible for relief.
- The scheme would be in place for two years, beginning March 24, 2020, and the minimum monthly relief will be Rs 1800/-.
AMENDMENT ORDER TO THE PUBLIC PROCUREMENT POLICY FOR MICRO AND SMALL ENTERPRISES (MSES), 2021
The Public Procurement Policy for Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs) Amendment Order, 2021 was issued by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises on August 11, 2021, to alter the Public Procurement Policy for Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs) Order, 2012.
The following are the amendments to the Public Procurement Policy for Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs) Order, 2012: –
- The phrase “Developing Micro and Small Enterprises Vendors” has been replaced in paragraph 7, namely: –
- Central Ministries, Departments, and Public Sector Undertakings must take the necessary steps to establish appropriate vendors by hosting Vendor Development Programs or Buyer-Seller Meets aimed at preparing Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs) for GeM Portal procurement.
- The phrase “Annual Plan for Procurement from Micro and Small Enterprises on Websites” has been deleted from paragraph 8,
- The phrase “The composition of the Committee” has been replaced in Annexure 2 of paragraph 2.