Loan defaulters and those facing probe need NOC to invest abroad

The Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), under the Union Finance Ministry, has as of late advised refreshed standards for occupants needing to put resources into abroad substances.

Under the told rules, any individual occupant in India who has a record showing up as a non-performing resource (NPA), or is delegated a wilful defaulter by any bank or being scrutinized by a monetary help controller or by analytical offices in the nation will, prior to earnestly committing to any monetary responsibility or undertaking disinvestment abroad, get a NOC from the moneylender bank, administrative body or insightful office.

As per Jyoti Prakash Gadia, overseeing chief at Resurgent India, a corporate monetary warning firm, the limitation of getting NOC in the event of NPA or wilful defaulter account has been brought to forestall the chance of veering subsidizes through abroad settlement in the pretense of ventures. To this degree, it is the right move toward fortify the financial framework, he added.

Any individual with a bank account that is considered a non-performing asset, is identified as a wilful defaulter by any bank, is under investigation by a financial services regulator, the Enforcement Directorate (ED), or the Central Board of Investigation (CBI) would be required to provide this NOC.

Read More About this news