The GST Invoice is a commercial instrument that is issued by the seller to the buyer. GST invoice plays an important role in the business transaction. Under GST, the taxable person has to prepare tax invoice and other relevant bills under GST are as follows;
The Bill of Supply shall be issued by the taxable person in case of supply of exempt goods and services. It can be issued in the composition scheme by the registered dealer.
In the form of Business to Consumer (B2C) and transactions, consolidated tax invoice shall be issued by considering the value of goods and services supplied is less than Rs 200.
When the advance of payment receipt from the customer is received, receipt voucher is required to be issued by the GST registered taxpayer.
According to the Rule, 46 of the Central and Goods and Service Tax Rules, 2017,
- Serial Number–
- The consecutive series number of tax invoice
- The Consecutive Serial number should not exceed 16 digits/characters.
- It should contain alphabets or numerals or special characters
- The serial number should be unique for a financial year
- Name, Address, and GSTIN of the supplier,
- Date of issue of tax invoice
- Name, address, and GSTIN or UIN, if registered of the recipient
- Name and Address of the recipient and delivery address of the consignment, along with the name of the State and State Code, in the case where a recipient is an unregistered person and the value of goods exceeds Rs. 50000.
- If the value of the goods is less than Rs, 50000, the details shall be mention in the tax invoice.
- A brief description of the goods and services
- The HSN code and Accounting Code of the goods of the services
- The number of goods and units or unique quantity code
- The total value of supply of goods or services or both
- The taxable value of supply of goods or services or both taking into account discount or abetment.
- There shall be mentioned the rate of the tax such as Central Tax, State Tax, Integrated tax or Union territory tax
- The details of the amount of tax charged in regard to the taxable goods and services
- Where a supply is an inter-state trade or commerce then the place of supply (State name) shall be provided.
- In the case of delivery from a different place of supply, the address of the delivery shall be provided.
- The details shall also contain whether the tax payable on a reverse charge basis or not and the bill shall be duly attached by signature or digital signature of the supplier or any other authorized person.